Vodka (make sure it’s triple distilled)
Aluminium-free bi-carb soda
A jar with a lid
- Fill about 80 percent of the jar with bi-carb soda.
2. Add the vodka to the top of the bi-carb and let it absorb through and mix it until it has a putty consistency.
3. Get into the shower and wet your body. Turn the water off and apply the gua sha mixture all over your body — be sure to avoid your private parts. “Trust me sister, those areas and vodka do not mix well together. Eeeek, haha,” says Jesinta.
4. Once the gua sha is applied, get a loofah or body glove and rub in circular motions all over your body — it might tingle a little bit but don’t worry!
5. Once you have exfoliated your entire body, continue showering like normal, making sure you wash off all of the gua sha.
6. Towel dry your body before applying coconut oil from head to toe. Your skin will absorb all of the oil, leaving it feeling smooth.